The Gashouder is a place of extremes: it's the home of Awakenings. With its circular shape, pillar-free interior and wrought iron roof construction, the Gashouder is the most distinctive venue in Amsterdam. No one who attends an event here will ever forget it. It was built in 1902 and at the time it was the largest gasholder in Europe. The gas was stored on top of the Gashouder in a steel tank that extended telescopically to a height of forty meters.
What are the rules and regulations of events at the Gashouder?
- Bring your happy face.
- Age 18+ (don't forget your ID).
- Always follow the instructions of staff, security and emergency services personnel.
- We have the right to refuse admittance without restitution of entrance fees.
- Before entering, our crew or security can ask for your identification to check your name and age.
- There is a possibility that proof of a negative test or proof of vaccination will be required to attend the event
- Always respect other visitors, no (sexual) harassment will be tolerated.
- No pets / fireworks / weapons / sharp or dangerous objects are allowed.
- No drugs are allowed, so all hard drugs, pills, powders, liquids, mushrooms and N20 (nitrous oxide/laughing gas) are forbidden.
Hash / weed (<5 grams) are tolerated (no pre-rolled joints!) only at our events in Amsterdam Gashouder.
- Security will thoroughly search everybody before and during the event.
- When hard drugs are found you will be removed from the event and you might be handed over to the police.
- You're not allowed to bring your own drinks/foods/beverages.
- Store your bags and jackets in our lockers.
- Camera surveillance and metal detectors are part of our and your safety.
- Selfie sticks, professional photo / film / video / audio equipment are not allowed. Standard digital cameras / phones are allowed.
- Club oriented football shirts or shirts / stickers with offending lyrics / symbols etc. are not allowed.
- Football shirts of national teams are allowed.
- Please keep your shirt on.
- Masks are not allowed.
- Smoking is only allowed in the smoking areas, follow the "smoking signs".
- Access is at your own risk. If you feel uncomfortable or if you want ear protection, please go to our first aid/EHBO/EMS, they are your friends.
- It's forbidden to have commercial activities in and around the festival area, without agreement of the organisation.
- Large flags / inflatable objects are not allowed.
- No entrance after two hours from the end and no re-entrance after leaving the party!
What is the best way to travel to the Gashouder?
We’ve built a special bike parking close to the event. Follow the signs and park your bike there. Bikes parked at other inconvenient places will be removed due to safety regulations. Don’t forget to take your bike home: the bike-parking will be removed shortly after the event and bikes that are still there will be cut loose. Special bike deals
Awakenings in the Gashouder can easily be reached by bike. To make it even easier for you to bike to the Gashouder, we've already figured out where you can rent a bike. Below you can see where you can rent a bike and for what price:
Het Zwarte Fietsenplan
Monday till Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday and Sunday: 09:00 - 19:00
Show the last info mail and get a 10% discount! Public Transport Plan your travel with 9292 and be aware that during holidays traveling schedules of public transport may be different from their regular schedules. Car
The address of the nearest parking is: Q-park Westerpark, Van Bleiswijkstraat 8, Amsterdam
You can get a parking ticket online for €31,00 or buy it at a cashier inside the Gashouder (exchange your online e-ticket at the locker desk at the event). This way you'll avoid paying the full amount of €2,- per 33 minutes at the ticket machines in the garage.
If Q-park Westerpark is full, there is Parkbee.com (only available with Parkline or Parkmobile) on:
- Haarlemmerweg 504
- Van Hogendorpstraat 28
- Van Beuningenstraat 92
- De Wittenkade 24
Be aware not to leave valuables in your car, thieves with bluetooth trackers seem to be active in the area. Taxi
There will be a special taxi-stand near the Gashouder, just follow the signs to get to there. Remember there is a chance fewer taxis are available with ADE. And please beware of the illegal "taxi drivers" (called snorders). It's illegal to get in the taxi with them, fines for using them can run very high. Uber
Travel easily, fast and comfortable with Uber to your next destination, you will find your driver at the pick up point near the Vredenhofweg. Please follow the pre-booked taxi signs.
I lost my ticket, what should I do?
Please try to search for 'Paylogic' in your inbox and also check your spam folder. If this doesn't get you any results, please go to consumer.paylogic.nl/tickets, so we can resend your ticket(s) and/or confirmation e-mail to your mail address.
Can I buy tickets at the entrance?
When an event is sold out, you cannot buy tickets at the entrance.
Can I buy my locker online?
Save some more time and pre-order your locker now online via https://awakenings.elockers.online. Didn’t secure your locker upfront? No worries, there is still a possibility to buy a locker at the venue.