How to get there
I want to rent a bike to get to the Gashouder, is this possible?
Awakenings ADE can easily be reached by bike. To make it even easier for you to bike your way to us, we’ve already figured out where you can rent a bike. Below you can see where you can rent a bike and for what price:
Het Zwarte Fietsenplan
Monday till Friday: 08:00 – 20:00
Saturday and Sunday: 09:00 – 19:00
Show the last info mail and get a 10% discount!
Monday till Saturday: 09:00 – 18:00
Sunday: 11:00 – 12:00 (to return bikes)
Show the last info mail and pay only €8,- for 24 hours!
Where can I park my bike?
We’ve built a special bike parking close to the event, address: Gosschalklaan 12. Follow the signs and park your bike there. Bikes parked at other inconvenient places will be removed due to safety regulations. Don’t forget to take your bike home: the bike-parking will be removed shortly after the event and bikes that are still there will be cut loose.
How do I get to the Gashouder by public transport?
Plan your travel with 9292 and be aware that during holidays travelling schedules of public transport may differ from their normal schedules. Check out more info about trains/trams/busses here.
Are there any taxis near the venue?
There will be a special taxi-stand near the Gashouder, just follow the signs to get to there. Remember there is a chance fewer taxis are available with Amsterdam Dance Event. And please beware of the illegal "taxi drivers" (called snorders). It's illegal to get in the taxi with them, fines for using them can run very high.
If you want to use Uber, please beware they will stand close to the car park across the street and are not allowed on the taxi-stand at the Gashouder.
Is it possible to drive with Uber?
We have a partnership with the Uber service to travel to Awakenings with €15 off your first ride! Travel easily, cheap, comfortable and fast to or from Westergas Amsterdam.
How does it work?
Via the Uber app you can order a ride with a professional driver with just one tap. When you arrive at your destination, your ride gets charged on your connected credit card or PayPal account.
Your first Uber in 3 steps:
1. Download the Uber app for iPhone or Android. On any other phone go to m.uber.com.
2. Enter the promo code 'AWAKENINGS2016'. You will get €15 discount on your first Uber ride in the Netherlands.
3. Order an Uber. Select your pickup location in the Uber app and within a few minutes your driver arrives. Advice: Always check the license plate when it’s busy and call your driver so you know exactly where to meet. During the ride you can share the costs with your party crew directly in the Uber app trough the option 'Fare split'. Are you travelling with more than 3 friends? Use UberVAN!
Uber Pick-Up Point
Leaving the Gashouder? Follow the Uber app which will lead you to the Uber pick-up point next to the Q-parking.
How do I get to the Gashouder by car?
The address of the nearest parking is:
Van Bleiswijkstraat 8, Amsterdam
You can get a parking ticket online for €15,- (see the button below and scroll down to the right event) or buy it at a cashier inside the Gashouder (exchange your online e-ticket at the locker desk at the event). This way you'll avoid paying the full amount of €2,- per 35 minutes at the ticket machines in the garage.
Can I bring my medication?
Is there a special entrance and are there toilets for severely disabled guests?
We have a special entrance for disabled guests and at every toilet group there are toilets available.
Where can I buy tokens?
You will get a free floor plan (including timetable) at the entrance. We have 8 selling units for tokens (you can pay with cash or cards), 2 bars, 1 cocktail bar, 2 toilet-groups, food/ice, cigarettes, smoking areas and of course first aid.
Will there be lockers available at the Gashouder?
Yes, there are lockers from Lockerbox available at the Gashouder. With the new electronic lockers from Lockerbox you will not receive a key, but a code to open it. Advantage: no more returning the key and getting back your deposit (no deposit –paying upfront either).
How does it work?
For €6,- (or big locker €8,-) you’ll get a voucher with your locker number and a secret code. Type in your secret code at your locker and turn the lock. Make sure that no one is watching over your shoulder when you’re typing in your code! Keep your voucher (if you throw it away/lose it, there is a possibility someone else can get access to your personal belongings). Put your belongings safely in the locker and close it (turn the lock). You can open and close the locker as often as you want to. Reserve your locker now via this button and scroll down to the right event.
Advice: save your number and code on your phone or app/text it to a friend.
You can buy your locker ticket online before the event. The e-ticket can be scanned at the Gashouder and this will avoid waiting at the Lockerbox desk.
What are the times of the events?
The events from Wednesday through Saturday will start at 22:00 and will end at 08:00. Please note that there will be no more entrance after 06:00! The event on Sunday will start at 18:00 and will end at 06:00. For the timetables of the events click at the button below and scroll down to the right event.View timetables
Rules & Regulations Gashouder
What is the policy on drugs?
Hard drugs are not allowed. Hash/weed is allowed with a maximum of 5 grams (no pre-made joints). Check out Unity for more drugs info and watch the nice info video (French,Italian, Germany and Spanish subtitles available). Awakenings, EMS (first aid) and Unity are partners of the "Celebrate Safe" campaign. Be aware you're party is over if security will find any drugs on you.More about Celebrate Safe
What are the rules and regulations of the Gashouder?
- Bring your happy face.
- Please print your E-ticket.
- Age 18+ (don't forget your ID).
- Always follow the instructions of staff, security and emergency services personnel.
- No fireworks/weapons/sharp or dangerous objects are allowed.
- No drugs are allowed, so all hard drugs, pills, powders, liquids and mushrooms are forbidden. Hash/weed (<5gr) are tolerated (no pre-rolled joints!) only at our events in Amsterdam Gashouder.
- Security will thoroughly search everybody before entering the event.
- When hard drugs are found you will be removed from the event and you might be handed over to the police.
- You're not allowed to bring your own drinks/foods/beverages.
- Camera surveillance is part of our and your safety.
- No professional photo/film/video/audio equipment nor "selfie-sticks" are allowed. Standard digital cameras are allowed.
- No football shirts or shirts with offending lyrics/symbols/etc. are allowed.
- Please keep your shirt on at our events.
- Smoking is only allowed in the smoking areas, follow the "smoking signs".
- We have the right to refuse admittance without restitution of entrance fees.
- Access is at your own risk. If you feel uncomfortable or if you want ear protection, please go to our first aid/EHBO/EMS.
- No entrance after 06:00!
Will there be videos available during the events?
Our friends of Be-at.tv will live stream 4 out of 5 ADE Specials.
Events on Oct 19th (Len Faki presents Figure Nacht), 21st (Joris Voorn presents), 22nd (Joseph Capriati invites) will be broadcasted live via be-at.tv and via our Facebook page. We start streaming at 10:00 PM - 08:00 AM. On October 23rd we’ll start livestreaming from 6:00 PM – 6:00AM. (Amsterdam time).
Can I get Awakenings merchandise at the Gashouder?
Yes, there will be a limited amount of Awakenings T-shirts, caps and glasses for sale at the Gashouder. Our merchandise is also available online through our webshop/Go to the Awakenings webshop
Where can I find photos of the event?
Our own photo team will be present during our 5 ADE Specials to capture all the magical moments. The photos will be available at our website and Facebook page after the event.Follow our Facebook page
I've lost my belongings at the Gashouder. What can I do?
We will collect all lost properties and upload it into Ilost. Ilost is a digital platform where you can enter the item you’ve lost in the search window or enter the name of the event where you lost your belongings. Here you can regain your belongings.Go to the Awakenings iLost system